The SunHouse 8 x 8 Cedarshed Greenhouse makes an ideal backyard studio, small workshop, or hobby greenhouse. The angled wall windows are made of a high performance thermoplastic that transmit up to 90 percent of visible light, while filtering out harmful ultraviolet light. This is what makes it a great cedar greenhouse kit for growing and nurturing your plants. The functional and interchangeable wooden Dutch door and rear window will ensure you have plenty of fresh air while you putter away inside. This small greenhouse/shed combination includes workbenches and kit plans.
Western Red Cedar is a light, aromatic wood that works well outdoors, because it is naturally resistant to the elements. Besides keeping out water, red cedar also resists the growth of fungi and infestations of insects. Staining your SunHouse 8 x 8 Cedarshed will give it color while remaining transparent so the wood grain can still be seen. If you like the qualities of cedar but are not interested in a natural wood tone, paint can be used to give your SunHouse Cedarshed color. Though Western Red Cedar can be left untreated if you wish the look of natural cedar. Plant Flowers or herbs in the window boxes to give the SunHouse extra charm. The SunHouse Cedarshed makes a distinguished, roomy storage solution for all of your gardening needs!
Note: As they are built to order, Cedarshed structures are not able to be returned; please call if you have any questions.
SunHouse 8 x 8 Cedarshed Greenhouse Features:
- Size: 8′ x 8′
- Exterior dimensions: 105″ x 109 1/2″ x 105″
- Interior dimensions: 93″ x 98″ x 94″
- Floor size: 93″ x 98″
- Outside height: 105″
- Inside height: 94″
- Sidewall height on tall side: 80″
- Sidewall height on short side: 45″
- Framing: 2″ x 3″
- Roof overhang of 6″ on gable ends and 5.75″ on sides
- Roof has 1/2″ tapersawn shakes, 3/4″ thick cedar roof batten, and 15 lb. roofing felt
- Trim pieces made of 3/4″ thick cedar
- 5/8″ plywood floor with 2″ x 4″ floor joists 16″ on center
- Door dimensions: 36″ x 72″
- Window dimensions: 24″ x 28 1/4″
- Window made of safe and durable 1/8″ plexiglass
- Planter box 18″ x 6″ x 6″
- Exterior of durable, environmentally-friendly, and naturally decay-resistant Western Red Cedar
- 6′ panelized wall sections for easy assembly with ordinary household tools, no cutting required
- Western Red Cedar roof with shingles already attached
- Large functional full awning window with decorative shutters and planter box
- Thermoplastic (Lexan) that transmits up to 90% of visible light and blocks ultraviolet light
- Wide Dutch door can be padlocked and allow for easy entry
- Door and window hardware made of black powder coated steel
- All hardware needed for assembly
- Level surface that is at least the size of the exterior dimensions
- Structure can be disassembled and moved at a later date if needed
- Angle wall windows made of high performance 1/4″ corrugated thermoplastic
- Cedar workbenches: 139″ x 34″ x 32″
Customize Your Kit
- Add style with an optional cupola, weather-vane or planter boxes
- Add functional or non-functional windows
- Additional door options available
The base price for the SunHouse 8 x 8 Cedarshed Greenhouse does not include shipping. Shipping is based what state the shed is delivered. Shipping is separated out from the price of the shed and is not subject to state taxes in California & Colorado only. Purchases from all other states are not taxed.
Guaranteed lowest price. We will not be undersold. Call us to match any other price you find.
- 5/8" plywood floor with 2" x 4" floor joists 16" on center
- Angle wall windows made of high performance 1/4" corrugated thermoplastic
- Cedar workbenches: 139" x 34" x 32".
- Door dimensions: 36" x 72"
- Exterior dimensions: 105" x 109 1/2" x 105"
- Floor size: 93" x 98"
- Framing: 2" x 3"
- Inside height: 94"
- Interior dimensions: 93" x 98" x 94
- Nominal size: 8' x 8'
- Outside height: 105"
- Planter box 18" x 6" x 6"
- Roof has 1/2" tapersawn shakes, 3/4" thick cedar roof batten, and 15 lb. roofing felt
- Roof overhang of 6" on gable ends and 5.75" on sides
- Sidewall height on short side: 45"
- Sidewall height on tall side: 80"
- Trim pieces made of 3/4" thick cedar
- Window dimensions: 24" x 28 1/4"
- Window made of safe and durable 1/8" Plexiglass